TurboTax Vault, Safe And Secure!
If you purchased and filed your return with the online version of TurboTax, a PDF version of your return has been saved in the Turbo Tax Vault. In order to access your return, you will need to use the Member ID and Password you used to create the return, to enter the TurboTax Vault.
TurboTax Vault, Safe and Secure Online Storage
Regardless of whether your are retrieving a old tax return, or storing your current documents, the TurboTax Vault is in most cases a safer place for your documents than your computer.
With the thousands of hard drives that crash every day, It can be a wise choice to store your documents in the TurboTax Vault!
How Do I Access My TurboTax Vault Directly?
If you have documents stored in the TurboTax Vault and you need to access them at any time, follow the instructions below
- When you're logged into TurboTax, click "My TurboTax" at the top of your screen
- Click arrow (>) to the far right of "Other things you can do" wording
- Lastly, click "Go to TurboTax Vault"
Here's how to access your documents in the TurboTax Vault as you log into your account from
the TurboTax website at any time.
Click the TurboTax Online link at the top of this page and select Sign In.
From the Sign In screen, enter your Member ID and Password, and then select Sign In. On the Access to Past Tax Returns screen, select the return you want to access and view from the Turbo Tax Vault. Then follow the on-screen instructions. That's it, your returns are always safe and secure in the TurboTax Vault.
How The TurboTax Vault Stores "My Docs"
When using TurboTax, My Docs lets you store, protect and access your personal tax documents in one secure place so that they are easily obtained through your TurboTax Account whenever you need, and when it's time to prepare your income taxes.
Stored documentation can include tax forms, scanned receipts, payment confirmations, previous year tax returns, and whatever other documents and data you would otherwise be keeping randomly for your income tax preparation needs.
How Do I Upload My Documents and Receipts to "My Docs" In The TurboTax Vault?
- Go to the TurboTax Website and sign into your TurboTax account
- Navigate to the My Tax Timeline screen
- Click My TurboTax at the top of computer screen, enlarge window to see
- Click My Docs from the drop-down menu to go to the My Docs screen
- Select the Add a document link
- Browse and select the document you want to upload
- Click Open
- Assign a Tax Year and Category for your document, "optional"
- Select Add document
- Select Add Document and follow the same steps to upload additional documents to your TurboTax Account in the "My Docs" Vault.
My Docs Automatically Stores Your Tax Returns
When you use TurboTax to prepare your tax return, it automatically stores all tax returns you’ve filed using TurboTax Online products in My Docs. Over and above this storage space TurboTax gives you access to 100 MB of self-managed storage on their server so that you can upload and store additional documentation you may need to prepare your income taxes.
Keep your tax docs safe and convenient in the TurboTax Vault!