Prepare Income Taxes
*Turbo Tax 2017 - 2018* Online Tax Preparation Software
The Best Tax Software Reviews & Resources For Your Tax Preparation and Filing Needs
Intuit Turbo Tax Premier + State
Once your federal return is completed with TurboTax Premier, it lets you know if anything is amiss and allows you correct any errors or omissions.
Turbo Tax Premier + State + efile
Description: Turbo Tax Premier + State Review
It also has a four-tiered follow-up that looks for missed deductions and potential audit triggers. It provides personalized tax tips, and compares your return with U.S. averages to see how you measure up to others in similar filing situations.
Once that's done, you can move applicable data automatically
into a state form and complete that through the same process.
Like H&R Block, TurboTax Premier now has improved features that can be useful to you all year-round.
With the new "MyTurboTax" feature, your provided with a variety of tools and services to help you keep up with your ongoing tax planning and preparation. Features include tools and calculators, personalized advice and newsletters, a "vault" for your returns, and message boards, plus chat sessions.
How much does TurboTax Online State cost?
TurboTax State costs extra per state
Click here to Buy Software / CD >>
TurboTax Premier + State
Add TurboTax State from the State Taxes section of your TurboTax federal edition when your ready to continue.
How to Amend State Tax Forms in TurboTax
It is possible to amend a state tax return with TurboTax State if changes are necessary after the return has been filed.
Using TurboTax software to amend a tax return will generate a
1040X form to be submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
and a corresponding form for submittal to your state income tax
TurboTax recommends that an amendment be filed after the IRS and your state tax board accept the original tax return. Waiting for the original returns to be accepted helps minimize errors in the IRS and state tax board's document systems.
Screen Shot - Online Comparison Chart
TurboTax Instructions. Things You'll Need:
- In TurboTax you can select the tax return to amend by highlighting the file and clicking "Change a Filed Return". Then select the TurboTax file to amend and click "Amend Selected Return." If the tax return you wish to amend is not listed, click "Amend Different Return" and navigate to the folder where the file for the return is stored on your computer.
- You should save a copy of your original tax return to print and use as a reference by clicking "Save As" from the File menu. Be sure to change the name of the original tax return as this preserves the information in the original file and prevents it from being overwritten. After changing the file name, click "Save".
- You should activate the state tax return prior to making changes to your federal tax return to ensure changes made are carried over to the state tax forms. To activate your state tax return, select the "State" tab at the top of the window and click "Continue." Repeat the process for additional states if you are filing more than one state tax return.
- Amend your federal tax return by making changes in each of the tabs in the TurboTax window. Work through the federal tax return in the same way that the original return was completed but only change or add information as required for your amendment corrections. Complete the amendment process for your federal tax return by returning to the amend section and indicating changes are complete. Provide the requested information explaining the reason for changes, then perform an error check of your federal tax return by selecting the "Federal Review" tab and clicking "Error Check".
- You can then proceed with amending your state tax return by clicking on the "State Taxes" tab. Check that changes made on the federal return were transferred to the corresponding state tax return sections. Work through the state tax return to making any additional changes. Confirm the changes made, review and complete the state tax return amendment form by indicating the reasons for changes. Go to the "Final Review" screen to perform an error check for the state tax return and your done.
- Now you just need to print your revised federal and state amendment forms by proceeding to the "Print and File" tab. Print both forms and mail them to the addresses indicated on the forms along with all required supporting documentation they require.
Tada... Your done!
PrepareIncomeTaxes.Com US tax help: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, H, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, New NH, New NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY