Turbo Tax Basic 2018 - 2019 Online
It's an easy way to do your tax return preparation without complications.
Before I purchased the TurboTax Basic Software, I thought long and hard because I just didn't believe that I would really be able to do my own taxes.
TurboTax Basic + efile Review
Ideal for returning TurboTax users, TurboTax Basic makes doing your simple taxes easy by guiding you step by step through your federal tax return. It also searches for credits and provides tax-saving tips to help you get the biggest refund possible.
Description: Turbo Tax Basic 2018 - 2019
Step by step guidance, Double-checks for errors. Easy for first-time users to navigate with:
- Customized interview process to help easily navigate your federal tax return preparation
- Import W-2, 1099, and TaxCut, TurboTax, Quicken, and Microsoft Money software data
- Automatically double-checks your return for errors
- Includes audit support with guidance.
Biggest State Refund—Guaranteed – If you get a larger state refund using another tax preparation method, we’ll give your money back. No questions asked.
Tax Guidance on Demand – Find expert answers to your questions on every page. TurboTax State
explains complicated tax rules—in just one click.
Refund Monitor – TurboTax State displays your tax savings total as it rises. It instantly shows how your deductions affect your refund.
TurboTax Basic Support
Turbo Tax Basic: For your needs you need to look at what edition will be the best fit for you situation. Basic filing is really for those simple returns that entail a fixed job and limited forms like 1040 and 1040ez.
TurboTax Basic - Mac & Windows
Works with most operating systems.
Click Links Here to Learn More!
Click here to Buy Software / CD >>
Use Online: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / Mac OS X
The TurboTax Basic Edition:
You Should Use TurboTax Basic if:
- You file a 1040EZ or other simple return
- You own your home but don’t have a mortgage
- You rent your home or apartment
Screen Shot - TurboTax Basic Comparison Chart
For a lot of Americans this is all they need to complete there filing process with ease, and to ensure your getting all the deductions you can to increase your refund. Refunds are what we want right? After all, Uncle Samuel isn't typically looking out for our best interest is he...
To my surprise, this software made it so quick and simple! that I had to write about it. It asked all the right questions to eliminate unnecessarily wasting my time. It discovered the basics of my situation through a series of questions designed to remove areas of preparation that simply didn't apply to me. This meant I didn't need to try and slog my way through the often cryptic and confusing language of legal forms and tax jargon.
If your considering saving money by doing your taxes yourself, I recommend TurboTax Software for the job. It's just a easy way to go if you want a simple to follow fully guided tax return preparation process.
One thing I can tell you is that this software has made me a better filer for myself. It really taught me a lot about taxation, benefits, credits and mostly all the money I had been giving away to the IRS because I didn't know any better.
Knowledge is king and this product really makes you a smarter person for yourself and your finances.
TurboTax offers the Basic edition, which is very similar to the Free version. The big difference is that with the Basic edition, you can import last year’s filed return information if you used TurboTax and several other popular programs. So if you have used TurboTax in the past and still have the data, the Basic edition may be the better choice.
Turbo Tax Basic includes helpful features to make doing your taxes easier:
Turbo Tax Basic Features, What I found especially pleasing about this product was the way it packaged up sections of the interview process to get me moving in the right direction, all while eliminating sections that just didn't apply to me.
Turbo Tax Basic Features 2018 - 2019 Review
I hate fumbling through paragraphs and questions that aren't needed based on my filing needs.
Another thing that impressed me was the multiple sources of easy to use guidance and help. It seems no matter where I was in the preparation process, there was always support to help if I didn't understand, or needed more information
- Find Tax Topics or Forms — Trying to find a specific form? Type in the name of the form and TurboTax will find it for you.
- Compare Sales and State Income Tax Deduction Savings — Find out which tax deduction will give you the biggest savings: sales tax paid or state and local income tax paid.
- Removes the Confusion from Vehicle Registration Deductions — Lets you know if you can deduct vehicle registration costs.
- Summarizes Your Tax Filing Situation — Compares current year’s return to the previous year and compares it with the U.S. average, so you how you stack up against other similar returns.
- Details AMT tax and How to Avoid It — Gain a better understanding of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) and how it affects you. Understand why you may be subject to AMT and how to avoid it on future returns.
- Support for Education Credits and Deductions — See if you qualify for education credits, and which expenses are deductible.
- Claim Social Security and Other Types of Income — Provides guidance for entering Social Security income, Supplemental Security income, Disability income and dependent’s Social Security income.
- Estimate Tax Payments — See how estimated taxes work and find out if you need to make estimated quarterly tax payments.
- Try it Risk Free — If your not sure the Basic Edition will cover your unique tax filing situation, you can start anytime and it will prompt you if another TurboTax program may work better for you. If you upgrade, the info you’ve already entered will transfer to the new edition.
- Support for Amending Returns, TurboTax makes it easy to amend your return if you find you've left something out, or made a mistake.
- File an Extension — Need more time? Submit an application for filing an extension easily.
With TurboTax Basic get Guaranteed Accurate Calculations — If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
Shows Your Refund in Real Time — Watch your refund add up on every screen as you complete your return.